The Bloomington Community Bike Project is seeking a summer intern who is passionate about sustainable transportation, hands-on learning, and social service addressing issues of access and equity.
The internship may include any combination of the following, according to the applicant’s interests:
- Learning bike maintenance during 6 hours a week of shop time under the tutelage of skilled bike mechanics
- Learning outreach and community organizing
- Engaging one-on-one in a social service environment
- Researching grants and grant writing
- Developing promotional materials
- Hands-on organizational work
- Working together to further your own goals and interests
Successful applicants are:
- Comfortable with community engagement and getting your hands dirty.
- Proactive and self-motivated with regard to research.
- Able to take a leadership role when working in teams.
- Available approximately 15-20 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible.
Though a summer stipend cannot be provided, we will work with applicants to apply for funding through Indiana University.
To apply to work with us, please email email@example.com and include any relevant coursework, contact information for 1 reference (from any job, academic, or volunteer experience), your specific interests and goals for the internship, and a link to any social media that you want to provide. Deadline for the internship is April 22nd. We look forward to hearing from you!